Difficult times call for extraordinary initiatives. More than ever our warm Asap-family welcomes refugees from any part of the world.

Ask us everything. We are here to help you.

We understand that you have a lot of questions & concerns when arriving in Belgium. Therefore, we will guide you through all the steps to take when you start a (temporary) job.

Are you looking for a job?

As a staffing/employment agency we are the perfect partner to assist you.

Our consultants have a large expertise and will do everything to find a job for you. They can help you in English, Dutch or French. Further down on this page you will find all the desired information related to practical information and documents.

Steps to take

1. Register at the registration centre in Brussels

A (Ukrainian) refugee can ask for a ‘temporary protection’ document by registering in Brussels.

(Boulevard de Waterloo, 121 -1000 Brussels - open every day from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm). It can be reached by metro line 6, ‘stop Heysel’.

2. Bring the following documents

  1. A proof of nationality provided with a photograph. For example, a (biometric) passport, a national identity card, ...

  2. Persons with international protection or recognized stateless persons in Ukraine:

    an identity document with photo: for example, refugee passport, biometric passport, residence card, identity card, driver's license ,...(AND proof of your status in Ukraine).

  3. Also your family members/relatives can get a temporary protection

  • an identity document with photograph: for example, a biometric passport, national identity card, driver's license, ...;

  • proof of the family relationship, for example, a marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc. In principle, these documents must be accompanied by an apostille (legalization, e.g., a stamp proving that the document is genuine);

  • for other close relatives: proof of cohabitation and dependency.

3. Register at local municipal administration (town hall)

As a Ukrainian refugee you will receive a temporary protection certificate from the Immigration Department. With this attestation you must register yourself at the municipality of your place of residence. The municipality will then first issue an annex 15. This is a temporary certificate (valid for 45 days) with which you can already work.  

After a positive residence check, the municipality will register the person in the foreigners' register and issue an electronic A card. This A card is valid until 04/03/2023 (1 year from the date on which the temporary protection comes into force) and can then be renewed every 6 months.  The electronic A card also provides immediate access to the labour market. 

Nice to know

In the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium (Flanders) the VDAB (federation for employment service) has launched the initiative #werkplekvrij. This hashtag is a translation of #WorkplaceAvailable for a refugee. Every published job with the listing #werkplekvrij offers a job for a refugee. We encouraged this initiative and implementing the #werkplekvrij hashtag for the relevant job offers on our own website.